If you need to move between Madrid and Madrid-Barajas airport by public transport you can choose between bus, subway and taxi, there is no train that can get you to the airport. Here you will find some information about lines, fares, routes, etc.
- Time zone: GMT + 1 *In summer GMT + 2 (Central European clocks in Summer Time)
- Coordinates: 40°28′20″N 003°33′39″W
In Madrid-Barajas airport, there are four passenger terminals, T1,T2,T3 and T4/T4-S. There is a Shuttle bus service, that is a free passenger transport between terminals.
Shuttle bus timatable:
From 6:30am to 11.30pm
From 11.30pm to 1.50am
From 1.50am to 6.30am
Shuttle Shuttle bus stops locations:
- T1 - first floor, Departures
- T2 - second floor - Departures
- T2 - ground floor, Arrivals
- T2 - ground floor, Arrivals
- T4 - second floor, Departures
- T4 - ground floor, Arrivals
Time zone: GMT + 1
*In summer GMT + 2 (Central European clocks in Summer Time)
Contact Telephone Numbers
3 and 15
 917 796 399
 902 444 403
 954 557 200
 902 459 954
Subway itinerary from/to airport:
Subway airport stations:
Large distances bus from/to airport:
Airport bus stop location
For more information visit Alsa website: www.alsa.es
There are also bus to Benicasim and Salamanca, for more information visit Avanzabus website: www.avanzabus.com
To take a taxi you must go to the appropriate taxi rank. Ignore any drivers who offer their services unsolicited inside the terminals. Make sure that the taxi driver has started up the taximeter at the start of the journey (minimum fare). Demand a bill in the case of any complaint.
- Minimum fare:
- Monday to Saturday, 06.00 to 21.00, €2.10.
- Monday to Friday, 21.00 to 06.00, €2.20.
- Sundays and public holidays, 06.00 to 21.00, €2.20.
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, 21.00 to 06.00, €3.10.
- Prices per kilometre:
- Monday to Friday except public holidays (06.00 to 21.00) and Saturdays except public holidays (06.00 to 15.00), each kilometre in zone A, €1 (price rate 1); in zone B, €1.17 (price rate 2); other times, €1.17 in zone A (price rate 2) and €1.20 in zone B (price rate 3).
- Journeys from or to the airport, including inside the site, €5.50.
- Journeys from bus and railways stations, €2.95.
- Journeys to or from Juan Carlos I Trade Fair (IFEMA), €2.95.
Guide dogs, and pets in approved cages, travel free of charge. Luggage is also transported free of charge, within the capacity of the boot and the roof rack.
You may request a free receipt with the driver's fiscal ID number, amount, date, licence number and registration number or printer issue number. You also have the right to choose the route, the volume level of the radio, the availability of payments up to 20 euros, air conditioning or heating and the turning off of the taximeter on return journeys to the Joint Provision Area and for incidents during journeys, such as accidents, breakdowns or refuelling authorised by the passenger.
Airport taxi ranks locations:
- Arrivals. Ground floor, in front of baggage reclaim hall 2.
- Departures. First floor, check-in, in front of door 3.
- Arrivals. Ground floor, opposite baggage reclaim hall 5.
- Departures. Second floor, check-in, in front of door 6.
- Arrivals. Ground floor, opposite baggage reclaim hall 7.
- Arrivals. Ground floor.
Taxi companies telephone contacts:
Radio-Taxi Asociación Gremial
 914 475 180 -  914 473 232
 914 051 213 -  914 055 500
 915 478 200 -  915 478 500
 913 712 131 -  913 713 711
If you request the services by telephone the metre will start charging your journey upto collection point.
Website to estimate the fare of your taxi ride: www.worldtaximeter.com
Tourism official Madrid website: www.esmadrid.com
Tourism official Madrid (Province) website: www.turismomadrid.es
Madrid tourist offices map: